Whether a company has hired new employees, launched a new product, or wants to keep its employees safe, employee training programs are needed throughout the lifecycle of their employment with your company. Assigning the proper training to your staff enables employees to better perform at their jobs.
But why would an employee invest time and money in the development of their workforce? For your business, employee training can have several benefits, including:
- Increased profit and growth.
- Better industry reputation
- Deeper skill succession pipelines.
- Reduced employee turnover.
- More skilled workers.
Likewise, what do your staff gain from training?
- Career advancement.
- Better finances.
- Enhanced productivity.
Now, when it comes to assigning training to your teams, there are countless training programs that your staff can enrol themselves on, and knowing which ones to work with can be almost overwhelming. In this blog, we list several of the best training programs that every employee should take.
What are the benefits of using your HR platform to manage the training and development of your staff?
In 2021, and a post-COVID world, your employees will increasingly expect both informative and applicable training. They want training that will cover their entire career, whether with you or another company, and they want it to apply to the work they do.
Delivering this training is an essential step in building a genuine employee experience strategy. For your company, by using your HR platform to manage the training and development of your staff, you can:
- Save time and money on filling skills gaps by developing your current staff instead of hiring new talent and covering the costs associated with that.
- Guarantee training consistency across all levels, with a centralised library of courses for your staff, so that you know your staff are on the training you need and that it has the quality you expect.
- Train staff across multiple locations at various times, allowing you to manage flexible working, thus reducing barriers presented by new hybrid or Working from Home options.
- Provide employees with easy access to information, reducing uncertainty, misinformation about how they can access training, what training they need, and how to discuss training with their line manager.
The training courses that every staff member should complete in 2022
With that in mind, what are eight of the best training courses to enrol your staff in?
1. Unconscious Bias Training: With this training, the goal is to raise employees’ awareness of the unintended and unintentional biases. This training can aid your staff in getting them to be more reflective in their decision-making, such as when hiring new employees or when making a decision or promotions.
2. Communication Training: In a working environment, communication skills will always be essential to your business’s overall development. Improving your staff’s communication skills can improve productivity and happier staff due to a better understanding of what is going on.
3. Active Listening Skills Training: In Active Listening training, employees understand how listening skills impact their work. The purpose of this training is to improve how your staff listen and to lower the impacts of miscommunication and conflict within the workplace.
4. Conflict Management Training: Being involved in HR, you will know that resolving conflict will always be a part of your job. Therefore, this type of training will be essential for managers, customer-care employees, sales staff, team leaders, and HR team members.
5. Environmental Awareness in the Workplace Training: Environmental awareness can help unify staff in understanding the company policy and way of thinking regarding how you’re working to support the environment. From how to reduce energy in the workplace, all the way to providing training on what support schemes there are for workers, through the Cycle-to-work scheme or car-sharing policies, this training will help develop your staff’s awareness of environmental issues.
6. Health, Safety and Security Training: The bread and butter of training, health, safety, and security training educates employees on the laws and regulations of their job function. For instance, you may put your marketing team through GDPR training or your office manager through a first aid course. A good compliance training program helps to minimise risk, provide a better environment for employees to work in, and maintain a good reputation
7. Product and/or Software training: Any training under this umbrella term incorporates information about the products or services that your organisation uses or sells. For example, you may give your sales team training on how your product works, your HR team training on how your HR system works, or even training your office manager on how the air conditioning works in the office.
8. Soft skills development training: This training may seem obvious, but recent research has found that 75% of long-term job success comes down to people skills. Soft skills are essential for a business and can cover anything from emotional intelligence and time management to business etiquette and commitment.
Using Natural HR’s platform to support your training and development programs
Learn more about training and development with Natural HR here, or how the platform can support your team in nurturing your talent here. You can also learn more about how you can use Natural HR’s talent management software in your business (read more here) or how employees can leverage your HR platform to keep employees engaged with your company (read more here).
To discover more about how Natural HR’s Human Capital Management software can help your company, book a demo today.